I'm in waiting mode again for my thesis. Right now I'm holding on two things that are preventing me from moving forward.
My professor is once again editing my thesis. He says he's about halfway through it and should have it to me by the end of the week. He has had it since June 4th. There are still two other graduate students who are also trying to finish that are taking up some of my boss's time. One has been gone about a year, the other since before I started grad school. They left to start jobs and finish their thesis on the side. So its slightly annoying that they decide to get after it at the same time I'm trying to finish.
The second is a machine managed by another professor on my committee. It has some kind of leak and I can't use it until it gets fixed. Once it does get fixed I have three rounds of testing that will each take about a week. The machine has been down since May 12. Every time I ask about it he says he's working on it.
My last day of work is coming up quick with not much progress seemingly being made. I fear I will be making trips back to Starkville to finish this thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment