I know you're probably thinking its a camera, lens, computer or other type of gadget. She has plenty of those at the moment. This one she isn't exactly that excited about or will use it that much. I'll probably get more enjoyment out of it than her. She also refused to pose for a picture with it.
We finally took advantage of her second amendment rights the other day and got her a handgun. We went with a Ruger SR22. I wanted to get a small caliber for several reasons. This will be a good one for her and anyone else to learn to shoot on. The ammo is super cheap relative to other calibers. I feel she will be most comfortable with it the rare times she goes to shoot with me.
I also wanted to get the gun for some other reasons.
- They're cool.
- Fun activity.
- Guns will hold their value.
- Last forever.
- Always have a use.
- The never desired but always possible scenario of self-defense.
I like to joke with Rebecca that we are going to put all our investments in firearms. She always responds with rolling her eyes. While I would never do this, I don't think it is the most unreasonable idea. I really can't think of a tangible thing other than guns and land that will always hold its value no matter the status of society around you. A lot of people go to precious metals to diversify, but I don't like that idea much. Gold, silver, etc., don't have any real use aside from decoration. Their only value comes from the perceived value of others. So if times got super tough, say Thunderdome, what good would gold be? Food and fuel always have a shelf life. Since we can't afford any land at the moment, we're left with firearms. If we are ever fortunate to own some property, we'll be ready to protect it.
Hopefully we'll make it up to the range soon, so she can christen her new toy.
No comments:
Post a Comment