Having to work outside, I feel like I am pretty acclimated to the heat. However, when I arrived home on Monday Rebecca made the comment that it felt pretty warm in the house. I checked our digital thermometer and sure enough it was 83 degrees inside. I knew that wasn't right and a quick check of the vents confirmed that no cold air was coming out. We were planning on replacing the unit anyways, but had hoped to make it to July when my A/C installing uncle from Minnesota would be in town. We thought we could tough it out the first night, but the temperature in our room was 91 at 10 PM. There was no way I would sleep restfully in that condition so we grabbed some essentials and came to my parents.
Its now Thursday evening and we're still at my parents. It looks like our 1 year home warranty will cover the replacement of the A/C, but we have to wait a little longer while the warranty company gets through the paper work. We're hoping for Monday.
Part of me wonders if we're getting too soft. It wasn't that long ago that no one had A/C. Now we consider a house unlivable without it. It sure is a nice invention though.

No comments:
Post a Comment