A common topic during this time of year is Christmas traditions. We definitely have things we do every year, but lately our schedule is one thing that never seems to stay the same. Each year we have to rearrange how our families get together in order to maximize time together. This is getting more difficult as our families are expanding.
This year our schedule worked out to:
- Friday night: Rebecca and I open our gifts to each other
- Saturday morning: Rebecca and I with my parents
- Christmas afternoon: Rebecca and I with my parents, grandparents, and family from Minnesota
- Tomorrow evening: Rebecca and I with her parents in Jackson
- Tuesday evening: Rebecca and I with her extended family
It is a hectic schedule but I love every minute of it and look forward to it each year. I love seeing everyone, relaxing, exchanging gifts, eating, and so on. This year I decided to set up the camera and do a stop motion video of us opening presents. We've done two so far and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, but we'll continue to tweak them. The Christmas afternoon one we played toward the camera a little more.
Saturday Morning
Untitled from Brett Long on Vimeo.Mom requested the song.
No comments:
Post a Comment