Thursday, December 9, 2010

Its Like a Sauna in Here

I placed a call to my Dad, a jack of all trades, and told him our heater situation. He was able to come by that afternoon to look at it. We confirmed it was the fan not blowing any air through the vents. He got a dowel rod and pushed on the fan. With the little boost it started spinning. The only problem was he pushed it the wrong way, so still no air being blown through vents. We tried it again and pushed it the correct way. Sure enough it started running again. I couldn't convince Rebecca to just give the blower a push whenever she wanted to heat to come on, so we went to the store and replaced the capacitor. It was suppose to be acting as the dowel rod electronically, but apparently wasn't doing its job.




We're over 24 hours into it and its still going strong. We're up to a balmy 66 in the living room. Rebecca is down to only one blanket while she works.

Many thanks to Dad for coming through on the repair. We are so fortunate to have handy family members. I don't know how much a service call would have cost me and hopefully I won't for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment