Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Snow Days

The cold weather seems to be dominating my latest posts. The fact that it has been so cold is why I have the time to write this at the moment. I had to take a 'snow day' from work. I even got up with the full intention of working outside today. By the time I got to my parents to get the equipment, the rain/sleet had become quite persistent. I hoped I could wait it out to no avail. With this cold and the amount of precipitation that had fallen, yard work would not happen. So I went back to the house to help Rebecca with photo stuff.

Monday I also did not work outside because of the cold and wind. When leaves are the main culprit being cleaned, any amount of wind can make the job quite frustrating. Thinking I would have plenty of time the rest of the week I decided to stay home. So Monday was also a photo day.

Sunday I did work outside on the coldest day of the year so far. However it was not with Longscape, but with Rebecca. A family needed pictures for a Christmas card and adoption process, so we had to go ahead with it. I bundled up like Randy in A Christmas Story. I had 6 layers on my torso, 2 pairs of pants, boots, gloves, and toboggin. I was nice and toasty. However the poor little girls in the family did not have the luxury of so many layers since they had to look good for the pictures. They were quite the troopers and managed to smile through their chattering teeth.


Its suppose to warm up tomorrow, so hopefully I can get back outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment