Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Beginning

I hadn't given much thought to a blog until recently and decided I wanted to give it a try for several reasons.
  1. I have always enjoyed journaling but have gotten lax with it as of late, so maybe this will inspire me to do better.
  2. I often have thoughts, experiences, rants, and pictures I want to share and now they can be accessed for all whom are interested in one place.
  3. My wife has one and I can't let her get too much cooler than me.
My title comes from a Professor I had in college, who before every test said "Brevity will be rewarded." He was mainly lazy and didn't want to have to grade a lot. However, the phrase stuck with me and reminds me its not how much you say, but what you say. So, I decided on the title because of two reasons. One, I hope it describes me. I know I'm on the quieter side so I hope the words I do say "express much in few words." Two, I want it to remind me of the duration of life on this Earth. As a Christian believer, I fully believe this life on Earth is only the beginning, but we are here for a reason and need to make the most of that time. I have found that a little time spent reflecting on life leads to a greater enjoyment of those moments and a greater utilization of time in the future.

Happy Blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment