I feel I am at a standstill in my thesis writing. I am in the 90 page range right now. There is not much else I can do until I get some feedback. I have three things I'm waiting to hear back from other people so I can move forward on completing this thing.
- My boss: He is in the process of making the first edit of my paper. This will be a bloodbath of red ink, but good because I know what direction to go from here. Been waiting since April 27th.
- Committee member: I still have one experiment to complete as part of my research. The preliminary results were disheartening, so I need to meet with him to discuss adjusting protocol. Been waiting since May 12th
- Committee member: He is the stats expert and met with me yesterday to go over some of data. I just emailed him with some of the updates to see if I was on the right track. Been waiting since 11:30 AM.n (Update: committee member called me at 2:30 and gave me some feedback, so that kept me busy the rest of the afternoon)
All of this waiting does nothing for my motivation. With Rebecca and my other interests taking off, it is hard to keep focused on finishing school. Much worse than senioritis. We will be leaving Starkville July 31 whether I am done or not. I would love to be completely finished so I don't have to come back to wrap up things.
"Up here...I'm already gone." - Kramer
No comments:
Post a Comment