I am a stairs only kind of guy except for a few situations. I probably go up and down 3 flights of stairs in my building 3-5 times a day depending on the schedule. I do take the elevator when I get here and when I leave because I have my bike with me. I used to carry it up and down the stairs as an extra workout, but I kept running into the walls making the turns and it was scratching my bike. So there are situations where an elevator is useful, however I suspect the vast majority of elevator use is from a lack of desire to exert the effort to take the stairs. From my office I have a clear view of the two elevators in our building. So I have a pretty good idea of the clientele that frequent it.
That brings me to this week's edition of 'Wasteful Wednesday.' Its really not that big of a deal nor a real waste. I have just been bored in my office lately and have noticed this so I thought I would tie it in for today. There is a seemingly fit lady who works on my floor and she is always taking the elevator. I know, not that big of a deal. The thing that stands out to me though, is in the afternoon she always changes in what appears to be workout clothes (shorts, t-shirt, tennis shoes, etc.), and has an gym bag with her. So after she changes and is leaving for the assumed gym she takes the elevator instead of the meager three flights of stairs. Maybe she doesn't want to wear herself out before she gets to the gym to wear herself out.
(The view from my office door)
No comments:
Post a Comment