Friday, July 23, 2010

Big News

We had some big news yesterday. At this stage in our lives, that usually means somebody is pregnant. Sorry mom, not that big of news.

Rebecca got a call about a month ago from a friend/coworker at MSU University Relations. This girl was a University Photographer at MSU who just moved to North Carolina. She got offered a job at Samford University in Birmingham to be a part time photographer, but they were already moved so she didn't want it. She recommended Rebecca for the job, because she knew we were moving to Birmingham. Rebecca got in contact with the senior photographer and set up an interview.


Rebecca and her mom went to Samford on Wednesday for the interview. I had to work so I couldn't tag along. I'll let Rebecca give all the details on her blog, but basically she had to go shoot three different events on campus along with an actual interview. It took about 5 hours. She thought it went well and was told she hear back by Thursday.

She got a call yesterday from Caroline, the senior photographer, offering her the job. Rebecca of course took it. She starts August 10th. I think it will be a perfect fit for her. Its a part time job so she can still do her own business on the side. She'll get to be a part of lots of neat events on campus. I'll probably get to help her with some sporting events, if nothing more than to tell her what is going on and what's important.

It has been so neat to see the Lord opening doors and providing opportunities as we make the transition to Birmingham. We had the desire to move there and trusted the Lord would provide. So far he has dropped a free house for a couple months and this great job right in our laps.

I just need to get my business going so I don't get hassled for Rebecca being the primary breadwinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment