Friday, July 30, 2010

Empty Apartment

My week off has been anything but. Photo stuff Monday and Tuesday followed by two solid days of packing. The busyness of the day has kept me distracted from the emotion of leaving the town I have come to love over the past 7 years. As we get ready for bed its starting to set in.

We are about 90% packed in the massive  uhaul. It will take some creativity to get the rest to fit. The Franci warned us about feeling like you got it under control, then being no where close when you actually start loading the truck. If a Wits and Wagers question was "Of people moving, what is the difference, in percentage, of their stuff they think they have packed compared to what they actually have packed," I would have been way off.

I'm sitting in what used to be our office. Just this morning it was full of stuff in pretty much the same order it had been all year. Its the same room, yet nothing feels the same. She's been a good ship, and I hate to see her go.


We're about to head to bed for the last time in Apt. 143. Much more to come on the whole moving process and the effect on our lives. Maybe even our first video taken with the new camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment