It rained all day here yesterday, so that means no working outside for me. It also gives one time to go buy things. We've been debating what our next purchase for our home should be. October we did washer/dryer and for November we decided to go with a TV. We've been using a TV I got for high school graduation. Its about 19" and as deep as it is wide and tall. Our new living room layout is limited in set-up options and the best choice seems to be the TV mounted on the wall above the fireplace.
I've been wanting a new TV for a while, but have held back. Rebecca and I went around to several store on Sunday evening and found a model we liked. I came home and looked at them online and found one a little cheaper. Yesterday I printed off the online quote and took it with me to HHGregg. I asked the salesman is he could match it and he took it to his manager. The difference came down to a matter of tax rate. So they matched the price and met me halfway on the tax. The small difference was worth it for not having to deal with delivery, what if problems if something happened, and I got it right then.
We went with a 40" Samsung. I have been asked what we need a nice TV for, if all you have is rabbit ears. While it may be a little overkill, the over the air signals are quite good and we have no trouble seeing the screen now. I thought it appropriate that the first thing I watched was Seinfeld.
 |
| Scary warning labels |
 |
| Comparison with the old. |
 |
| Coincidentally it was the episode where they buy a big screen for 'The Drake' |
No comments:
Post a Comment