The thesis was successfully defended, but it took quite a beating. There was very little offense by my side. It started at 1 PM and lasted 2.5 hours. I gave a presentation for 30 or so minutes and then answered questions for the next two hours. There were only a couple of questions I had a definite answer. They were all familiar with the research, so there were no softball questions. All of the rest of the questions were geared to take me down a road to see how much I know. The problem is if I start out incorrectly then they just let me keep going down the wrong path until it becomes obvious my mistakes.
It went by rather quickly and in the end they told me I passed. I didn't really fear not passing, but its still intimidating. I've never heard of anyone not passing and I've never heard of anyone feeling they did really well in their defense. I now have a week to fix all of their final corrections and get it submitted to the library.
A three year saga is about to come to an end and I'm very much ready for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment